As the year comes to a close, it was a humbling and gratitude-filled exercise to reflect back. At Smarty, it was a year filled with hope and forward momentum as we continued to re-invent our agency and attempt to get back to business as “normal” while the world, marketplace, industry, and social landscape took us on a roller coaster ride of twists, turns, and pivots. Our approach? We doubled down on our values, set big goals, scaled quickly, and aimed to continue our evolution as a smart, social-first agency with a key focus on the healthcare sector.
Thanks to our tireless, rock star team and some of the most collaborative and hands-down best clients around, we have accomplished more than we could have ever imagined this year. Here’s a quick look back at some of the highlights from the year:
We grew in so many ways (and learned a lot along the way).
- Grew our agency business year over year thanks to our partnerships with our long-standing MedTech clients: Invisalign®️ clear aligners/Align Technology, Lapiplasty®️ 3D Bunion Correction™️ by Treace Medical Concepts, DermTech, ReShape Lap-Band®️, and many more across various industries who we collaborated with on campaigns and projects.
- Onboarded new and exciting clients bringing health, medical device, and wellness innovations to market such as SkinMedica®️ and DiamondGlow®️ by Allergan Aesthetics, The GentleWave®️ System by Sonendo®️, Integrum, Greater Good Health, and some new partnerships with Silicon Ranch, BMOXI and PowerHER Fit.
- Forged and strengthened strategic partnerships with agency partners such as Crowe PR, WE Communications, Ayzenberg Group, Shareability, Empringham Media Group, MAB Agency and Bloom Creative to support their clients on social strategy, campaigns and projects.
- Celebrated 9 years in business and became a META Preferred Marketing Partner!
- Scaled our service offering expanding our Social Academy™️ programming & launching Smarty Intel™️ social listening and analytics offering.
- Grew our Smarty team of experts (Hello…Blake, Abbey, Kim, Cam, Kelly, Anita and Daniel!) and promoted team members to support the team as we scaled: Sarah to Senior Media Director, Shannon to CX Team Manager, Helen to Senior Producer & Social Media Strategist, and Cristina to Account Manager
We did some amazing work (and scored some recognition along the way).
- Tackled the Super Bowl with the Invisalign brand
- Launched DermTech’s 2nd Annual Melanoma Awareness Month Campaign #Stickit2Melanoma
- Hyped up VidCon with the Invisalign brand
- Delivered our second Social Academy™️ Program for The Elevate Prize Foundation
- Helped ReShape Lifesciences celebrate Lap-Band®️ at ASMBS with a social pull through campaign
- Hosted a social genius bar for Align Technology at their annual Invisalign Ortho Summit
- Spoke at two dental industry conferences on behalf of our clients: EndoCon & Invisalign Ortho Summit
- Did our first podcast with MM+M (Medical Marketing & Media) at the Media Summit
Won a few awards we’re proud of:
- Top 10 Healthcare Marketing Company by Healthcare Business Review
- Bronze Stevie Award for Front-Line Customer Service Team of the Year
- Inc. Power Partner Award
- SIA Summit, Marketing Effectiveness Silver Award for DermTech #Stickit2Melanoma
- PR News Digital + Social Media Awards, Social Good Campaign, DermTech #Stickit2Melanoma Campaign
- PR Daily’s Content Marketing Award, Finalist-Health and Wellness Campaign, DermTech @Stickit2Melanoma Campaign
We had lots of fun (and did a little good along the way):
- We finally got to see each other in-person again and it felt so good! From getting our global team of Smarties together for our annual all- hands meeting, coordinated first-ever department team retreats, strategized and planned during quarterly managers’ meetings, and enjoyed hosting a number of our clients in our office— nothing beats face-to-face time!
- Awarded four Smarty Heroes this year for living and demonstrating our company values.
- We had so much to celebrate! Two Smarties got married and one got engaged (Congrats Paige, Cristina & Helen!). We had a surprise 50th Birthday celebration, and a number of 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7-year Smarty anniversaries.
- Cheered each other on as we stepped and sweated throughout Sept-Oct in our #SmartyGetsFit fitness challenge.
- SmartyGivesBack: The Smarty team rallied together to support important communities in need donating 40 Easter baskets for kids at CHOC hospital, continuing our legacy as a corporate partner to Global GLOW for the 4th straight year sponsoring and contributing to their Global Glow Gala and donating a portion of our client holiday gifts to their organization, and we became a new corporate donor to the Ronald McDonald House Orange County.
It’s been an incredible year and as we close the books on 2022 and ramp up for another year, I wanted to take a moment to thank our team, clients, partners, and the many people who touch and inspire our agency in so many different ways. We couldn’t do what we love so much without your continued support. Stay tuned because we’re just getting started and I can promise that we’ll continue to bring new energy, ideas, and impact in 2023!
With love and gratitude,
Jami Eidsvold, Founder & CEO